Time & Location
Dec 14, 2022, 6:00 p.m.
Vancouver, 1459 Barclay St, Vancouver, BC V6G 1J6, Canada
About the event
Members of the Vancouver Friends for Life Society,
You are invited to our Annual General Meeting (AGM)! The AGM is an important opportunity for members to receive the last year’s financial statements and to learn more about the work done by your elected board of directors over the last year. It’s also an opportunity to set the organization’s direction by electing new directors to a number of the vacancies currently on the board.
When: 6pm on Wednesday, December 14, 2022
Where: Diamond Centre for Living (George Weeks House); 1459 Barclay Street, Vancouver
Who: Members of the Vancouver Friends for Life Society
You’re a voting member of the Vancouver Friends for Life Society if in the last 12 months:
- You’ve participated in at least two of our wellness services;
- You’ve volunteered at least 20 hours; or
- You’ve donated at least $50.
What business is on the AGM’s agenda?
- Approval of the meeting’s agenda
- Consideration of the 2021–2022 financial statements
- Consideration of the review engagement of the 2021–2022 statements
- Electing new directors (see below)
- Presentation of the board’s annual report and related business
Who’s up for election to the board?
At this year’s AGM elections, there are spaces for up to six additional directors. There are two ways for someone to become a candidate: (a) to be recommended by the board of directors, or (b) to be nominated by three voting members at least seven days prior to the AGM. If you’re interested in joining the list of candidates, please complete the attached nomination form and return it via email message to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm on Wednesday, December 7, 2022.
Here are the candidates recommended by the board:
- Susan Petrina
- Kyle Simunovic
- Jon Kinsley
We hope to see you there!